Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Top 10 Favorite Blushes

Hey Loves

Lately I've been obsessed with blushes. Sometimes the only makeup I would wear is blush, mascara and lip balm. But in the past year I've been on a blush kick and have been buying a lot of blushes more than usual.

One of my favorite brands of blushes are La Femme blushes. Which can be purchased at makeupmania.com. An amazing website that carries a bunch of professional/stage/theatrical products from different brands. From makeup to hair products to skin care products, just a bunch of good quality stuff. Great quality products for incredible low prices. I know in my video review I mention that the La Femme blushes cost $1.50 a pan. Well they did, but just recently they up'd the price to $2.50 which I still think is still pretty good since the pigmentation and wear on these blushes are amazing. They carry over 40+ shades. So there's a wide range of colors and finishes. If your a freelance makeup artist or want to build up your blush collection or looking for good quality blushes at a affordable price, definitely check out La Femme blushes. I absolutely love them.

I love MAC blushes but if I wanna build up my blush collection paying $18.50 or $15.50 for a blush that would be crazy. I could get 7 La Femme blushes for the price of one MAC blush. I love them but can't afford them sometimes. When there's a collection with special packaging is probably the only time I'd purchase a MAC blush. I hardly ever buy something that's permanent.

So here are my "Top 10 Favorite Blushes (mainly blushes that I've been wearing during the summer time).


*Blushes mentioned can be found:
La Femme Cosmetics- www.makeupmania.com
Jordana Cosmetics- www.cherryculture.comMAC- www.maccosmetics.com
e.l.f.- www.eyeslipsface.com




La Femme Cosmetics- Peach [This is a coral peach shade. Satin finish with a slight sheen. Absolutely love this blush. Perfect summer blush for all skin tones.]


La Femme- Cinnabar [Bronzey reddish coral with peach undertone. A frost finish with slight coppery sheen. Gives a beautiful sun-kissed glow to the face.]


La Femme- Misty Plum [Mauvey Pink with Lilac undertones. Satin finish with a slight sheen. Love wearing this in the spring and fall.]


Jordana Cosmetics- Sienna [Caramel brown. Satin finish. Great bronzer and contour shade.]


e.l.f.- Peachy Keen [A very light muted peach with gold shimmer (subtle shimmer). For light to medium skin tones a great subtle blush. For tanned to dark skin tones a great highlighter. I also love using this blush on top of other (matte/satin) blushes, just to add a little something to the cheek.]


MAC- Ablaze [Plumy brown. A frost finish. Quite pigmented, can give that bruised look. So I recommend applying with a light hand and build the color slowly when using it as a blush. For tanned to dark skin tones it adds definition to the face when applied into hollows of cheeks. I like mixing this with my contour for more dramatic looks, were the main focus is on the face rather than the eyes.]


MAC- Eversun [Bronzey peach with slight sheen. Very versatile blush. Depending on your skin tone and how you apply it, it can be used as a blush, bronzer or highlighter. A lovely summer blush. ]


MAC- Sunbasque [Warm bronzey peach with shimmer. Beautiful summer blush. Gives off a sun-kissed/glowly look to the face.]


MAC- Margin [Bronzey coral peach with shimmer. Very subtle blush. Absolutely my all time favorite blush. Gives such a wonderful glow to my cheeks. LOVES!!]


MAC- Enough Said [A light peachy beige with golden shimmer. The shimmer may look OVERLY shimmery in the pan but when I apply this as a highlight it's actually quite subtle and very pretty. Lovely highlighther for warmed to dark skin tones.]


If you have any questions feel free to let me know by commenting or leaving me an email at xfashionablesyd@gmail.com

xoxo,
Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment